This raw cake is super simple and has become a staple within my home. It is lusciously moist, deliciously packed with flavour and is terribly addictive. Give it a try if you happen to have some extra carrots around.
Recipe for Raw Carrot Cake-letts
- A dehydrator or a refrigerator if you do not own a dehydrator
- Blender or Food Processor
- A large bowl
- 1 cups of dates
- ½ cups of fresh orange juice
- 3 cups of finely grated carrots
- 3/4 cups of dried coconut
- 1 tsp of orange zest
- ½ cups of finely ground almonds or any nut of your choice
- 2-3 tsp. cinnamon (depending on how much you like this wonderful spice)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
Ingredients for the Icing:
- Mix the dates with the orange juice in a blender until you have a thick paste.
- Put the paste in the large bowl.
- In the large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together until they are well mixed.
- Using your hands, take out a handful of the mixture and form each into a ball.
- Then flatten into patties or into whatever shape you desire.
- Dehydrator version: Place onto the dehydrator sheets and dry for 6 to 10 hours until the cakes are dry to the touch.
- Refrigerator version: place the patties in little cakes into the refrigerator until they are firm.
Instructions for the Icing:
- 2 cups of cashews
- ½ of water
- a tiny pinch of salt
- 1/8 to ¼ cup of honey or agave syrup
- 2 tbs. of coconut oil or butter
- 1 tbs. of liquid vanilla
- Soak the cashews with the water for at least 30 minutes.
- Then blend in a blender until smooth.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- The mixture will seem somewhat runny. But once you place it into the refrigerator, it will thicken after about an hour.
- Spread or spoon it on top of your carrot cake and enjoy the yummyness!